Sentences Selected from the News
新聞英語語句解析 (1) (2)」己於2004年八月出版，感謝網友熱烈購買
1. The man, wearing gray shirt and blue jeans, spoke with his back turned to the camera and refused to give his name.
2. He was one of the biggest drug busts(毒販) in the country. He faces death penalty if convicted of the drugs charges in a Philippine court (省略子句，if 後省略了he was).
3. A soldier who refused orders to take part in the demolition work by his unit was sentenced at a disciplinary hearing to 56 days in jail.
4. An alleged(被指控的) communist assassin(暗殺者) convicted of killing a U.S. Army colonel in the Philippines was released Tuesday after serving a 14-year term.
5. The United States and South Korea are optimistic North Korea, enticed(受誘惑) by energy aid, might agree to scrap(放棄) its nuclear plans and so defuse(解除) one of the world's most dangerous crises.
6. Charles Clarke, the British home secretary(名詞片語，作Charles Clarke的同位語), offered the first official indication that British officials believed the four attackers were suicide bombers.
7. Lt. Col.(中校) Clifford Kent, the public affairs officer for the Third Infantry Division(名詞片語，作Clifford Kent的同位語), which is responsible for overall security in Baghdad, denied that the soldiers had been distributing candy and toys.
8. Taxis and buses were urged to pull off the road, commuters to pause in reflection and workers to put down their tools across Britain(英國全國) on Thursday in silent memorial to(默哀) lives lost in terrorist bombings that killed 52 and injured 700.
9. Some 30 studies noted that eight percent of adults and 13 percent of children who continued to take Vitamin C while they had a cold cut short its duration.
10. China has more than 100 million Internet users and some 385 million mobile phone users, with both areas growing rapidly as the country’s economy booms. China has installed(安裝) 692 million fixed telephone lines now.