Sentences Selected from the News
新聞英語語句解析 (1) (2)」己於2004年八月出版，感謝網友熱烈購買
1. It (it是虛主詞，代替後面實主詞的名詞子句)was not clear exactly how many people were aboard the boat.
2. Mustaafa Bulut, who was selling corn from a cart near the blast, said he also saw people running from the café.
3. The Senate Judiciary Committee unanimously approved the measure, which would ＊require that they be sold only from behind the pharmacy counter.
4. Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said, “I don’t know why countries do not want to understand the◆ fact that the Iranian people do not tolerate force.
5. The outcome of the vote ensures that the uncertainty that has hit Japan's markets in recent days will continue a while.
6. The People First Party (PFP) legislative caucus criticized Economics Minister Ho Mei-yueh for being incompetent and＊asked that Premier Hsieh replace her before the new legislative session in September.
7. Iran -- which denies harboring nuclear weapons ambitions -- also delivered its formal rejection of a European Union package of political and economic incentivesdesigned to persuade it to scrap nuclear fuel work for good.
8. Women's groups(婦女團體) across Asia urged Tokyo on Wednesday to make a sincere apology and compensate women forced into sexual slavery(性奴隸) in brothels(妓院) run(經營) by the Japanese Imperial Army(皇軍) before and during World War II.
9. The Taipei Women's Rescue Foundation (TWRF台北婦女救援基金會) yesterday officially opened a photography exhibition(攝影展)featuring(特別報導) local comfort women(台灣慰安婦) for the 60th anniversary of the end of World War II.
10. Schools in the Malaysian capital, Kuala Lumpur(吉隆坡), have been ordered to close because of worsening air pollution. And in two other areas where air quality has fallen to levels described as dangerous, students have been told to stay at home. The thick smoke is said to be caused mainly by forest fires(森林大火) in Indonesia.