Sentences Selected from the News
1. An energy company(能源公司) is apologizing to its customers after accidentally listing a sex-line phone number instead of the right number for low-income customers to call for financial help.
2. A North Korean delegation is to visit South Korea’s biggest war cemetery for the first time in a symbolic act(象徵的作為 )of reconciliation between two countries.
3. It largely affects the poor and the problem is that they don’t know symptoms名詞子句，作主詞problem的補語. They live incrowded areas and have little access to education(教育機會).
4. A Kurdis(庫德族) negotiator said, “Today is the last day, and the last chance to discuss the draft constitution. We hope to reach an agreement that would satisfy everyone.”
5. It(it是虛主詞，代替後面實主詞的名詞子句) was possible that they are not linked, but it’s(it是虛主詞，代替後面實主詞的名詞子句) inconceivable(難以想像的) that you could just spontaneously get a group of people together in two weeks, get the material, build the devices and carry out the attacks.
6. On arrival, both parties expressed optimism that the planned accord, which they agreed on in July, will bring peace to the oil- and gas-rich province where rebels have been fighting for independence.
7. Nearly 700 Iraqi Shiites(什葉派回教徒) died in a stampede(驚慌而逃) over a Baghdad bridge provoked by rumors of a suicide bomber on Wednesday, and an official said the death toll was expected to reach 1,000.
8. The bird flu virus that has hit several countries in Asia is likely to spread to Europe, the Middle East, south Asia and Africa, the U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization(聯合國糧農組織) warned Wednesday. The food agency said the virus is likely to be carried over long distances by wild water birds.
9. Thedivided Koreas began construction Wednesday on a reunion center(團聚中心) at the North's Diamond Mountain resort where familiesseparated by the heavily fortified bordersplitting the peninsula can meet.
10. Many couples do not ensure they are in the best physical condition to conceive(懐孕). A poll of 2,000 women in the UK by Pregnancy & Birth magazine(受孕及生產雜誌) found two-thirds drink alcohol and four in 10 smoke while trying for a baby(省略子句，省略了they are). Only 44% of women hoping to conceive said they tried to eat a healthy diet.