(11) Chinese Customs and Culture
March 25, 2001
1. Describe Chinese New Year as it is celebrated in your family.
2. Apart from Chinese New Year, what are some other Chinese festivals? Describe one or two.
3. Describe a Chinese wedding.
4. What are the characteristics of a Chinese meal- kinds of food and cooking, serving, and eating methods?
5. What are the characteristics of either Chinese painting or Chinese music, or the martial arts?
6. Which Chinese custom or art is most representative of Chinese culture? Why?
April 8, 2001
Describe the general
2. What is the climate like? How do the seasons differ?
3. What are the chief agriculture products and where are they grown?
4. What are the chief industries? Say something about their development.
What do you think have been
the most important changes in
How do you think
(13) Foreign Affairs Police(FAP)
April 29, 2001
1. Speaking of learning a foreign language , we often hear people say listening, speaking, reading and writing. Which one do you find the most difficult and why?
2. What qualifications do you consider essential to be a foreign affairs policeman(FAP)?
3. What are the things you think you have to do before being a foreign affairs policeman?
4. If you become a successful candidate, what place would you most like to work at?
5. Can you give a job descriptions of a foreign affairs policeman?
6. Which is more important for a successful life: luck or effort?
(14) Foreign Affairs Officers
May 20, 2001
1. What qualifications do you consider essential to be a diplomat?
2. Can you give us a job descriptions of a diplomat?
3. What changes would you like to make in diplomacy education?
4. In terms of workload, what are the differences you can see between a diplomat today and the one, say, five years ago?
5. If you become a successful candidate, what do you think you can do to improve the relations between our country and the one in which you work?
6. If you become a successful candidate, what country would you like to be assigned to work in and why?
June 10, 2001
1. Describe a typical day in your life?
2. Is it important to learn a foreign language and why?
3. What is your greatest hope about your future?
4. Do you think traveling is an important part of education and why?
English is widely considered an
international language. Do you think
Have you ever been to any foreign
countries? If you are given an opportunity
(To be continued)