(Passive Voice in Translation and Interpretation)
May 5, 2000
(中視 11. 13. 1997) $
9. 19. 1996) "
(聯合報 9. 19. 1996) "
5. 10. 2000) "
7. 該項越獄事件直到大門管理員稍後在台中縣的偏遠地區被釋放後才被發現(偏遠地區釋放後才曝光)。( p. 14, Guided Post, China Post May 8, 2000)
1. 人善被人欺，馬善被人騎 (All lay loads on a willing horse)。
2. 一朝被蛇咬，十年怕井繩 (Once bitten, twice shy )。
Translate the following
sentences into Chinese(試下列各被動語句)：
1. The police were delayed by the absence of information about the crime.
2. The villagers have been told to keep their children out of the field while the corps are growing.
3. Her malady frequently returned, but always with due warning, when brother and sister would be seen walking together to the asylum, both weeping bitterly.
4. It was strongly urged that a translation and interpretation center be set up immediately.
5. It is generally believed that our old civilization has preserved our liberty and independence for thousands of years.
6. To learn with success is not a difficult task if some fundamental principles are observed.
7. If we keep on studying day after day, there is nothing which can not be achieved.
8. Educated people seek truth, but truth is never easy to find, never wholly revealed, seldom fully understood, but always to be sought.
9. They were taught the same system of navigation which had saved the mariners of the fifteenth
10. She wrote some stories, which were not considered good by the editor of China Times, who advised her to write essays.