1. Life is sweetest when it helps others.
2. Kind words heal wounded hearts.
3. Rumor is one thing that gets thicker as you spread it.
4. A friend is someone who can see through you and still enjoys the show.
5. No one was ever lost in a straight road.
6. Strive to be what you wish to appear.
7. I finally know what distinguishes man from the other beasts: financial worries.
8. Visitors should behave in such a way that the host and hostess feel at home.
9. Some people find fault as if it were buried treasure.
10. If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow.(忍一時之氣，免百日之憂)
11. Borrow trouble for yourself if that is your nature, but don’t lend it to your neighbors.
12. Life is for one generation ; a good name is forever.
13. A conscience, like a buzzing bee, can make a fellow uneasy without ever stinging him.
14. Young man think old men are fools; but old men know young men are fools.
15. She doesn’t show her age but if you peek under the make-up—there it is.
To be continued