16. Idle hands are the devil’s workshop.
17. To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind.
18. I resolve never to speak of a man’s virtues before his face, nor of his faults behind his back.
19. The talent of success is nothing more than doing what you can do well.
20. We spend the first half of our lives trying to understand the older generation, and the second half trying to understand the younger generation.
21. Asking the right kind of questions from the right kind of people is one of the ways by which we become wise.
22. Often a man is his own worst enemy.
23. A learned man (博學者)is an idler who kills time by study.
24. A man must first despise himself and then others will despise him.
25. Judge not according to the appearance.(勿以貌取人)
26. Believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear.
27. If you can give nothing else, at least give a cheerful face.
28. Out of suffering come the strongest souls(本句是倒裝句 inverted sentence如改為一般句則是：The strongest souls come out of suffering).
29. Forgive others often, yourself never. (never forgive yourself.)
30. Time and industry produce every day new knowledge.(industry—勤勞，produce every day new knowledge= produce new knowledge every day)
To be continued