1. To do good is not only our greatest duty, but should be our greatest interest.
2. Don’t put off till tomorrow what can be enjoyed today (今朝有酒今朝醉).
3. The road to success is filled with women pushing their husbands along.
4. There is a foolish corner in the brain of the wisest man.
5. A person may not be as good as you tell him he is, but he’ll try harder thereafter.
6. One today is worth two tomorrows.
7. The secret of education lies in respecting the pupil.
8. Every man is a volume if you know how to read him.
9. Everybody has his merits and faults.
10. Heaven never helps the man who will not act.
11. The more oath-taking, the more lying. (發誓越多，謊言越多)
12. Probably a man’s most profitable words are those spent praising his wife.
13. Love doesn’t make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
14. A bird in the hand is a certainty. But a bird in the bush may sing.
15. Seeing falsely is worse than blindness, and speaking falsely (is worse ) than silence.
To be continued