金 陵 輯
16. Nearly all men can stand diversity, but it you want to test a man’s character, give him power.(幾乎所有的人都能忍受逆境，但欲考驗一個人的品格，不妨授以權力)
17. There are nowadays professors of philosophy, but not philosophers.
18. Least said, soonest mended. (說話越少，補救越快)
19. If you wish to be the best man, you must suffer the bitterest of the bitter. (吃得苦中苦，方為人上人)
20. More are drowned in the wine up than in the sea. ---好酒者戒
21. Teach others by your example (以身作則).
22. Great men are they who see that spiritual force is stronger than any material force.
23. He who loves others is constantly loved by them; he who respects others is constantly respected by them.
24. When one is about to act, one must reason first(三思而後行).
25. Youth is not being 20 years old. A young man is one who is moved by any injustice in the world.
26. It’s a fast age. The impossibility of yesterday has become the luxury of today and the necessity of tomorrow.
27. The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never scoring.
28. What is traveling? Changing your place? By no means! Traveling is changing your opinions and your prejudices.
29. The empty vessel makes the greatest sound.
30. Temperance (自制)and industry (勤勞)are the two real physicians of mankind.
31. A man who has no virtue in himself envies virtue in others.
To be continued