1. Better talk too little than too much.
2. It is economy of effort to resist temptation.
3. An offended conscience will have its revenge at last.
4. Character determines destiny.
5. An ounce of “keep your mouth shut” beats a ton of explanation.
6. The older I grow, the more I listen to people who don’t talk much.
7. WE have no right to ask when sorrow comes, “Why did this happen to me?” unless we ask the same question for every joy that comes our way.
8. Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects.
9. Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop.
10. People who are to transform the world must be themselves transformed.
11. To entertain some people, all you have to do is listen.
12. Human life is to be measured not by the number of its days, but by the good done.
13. By the streets of “by and by” one arrives at the house of “never.”
14. The reason why worry kills more people than work is that more people worry than work.
15. A rolling stone gathers no moss, but it gains a certain polish.
(To be continued)