1. Well begun is half done.
2. I finally know what distinguishes man from the other beasts: financial worries.
3. Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood.
4. You can judge your age by the amount of pain you feel when you come in contact with a new idea.
5. In the keeping of an unjust thought you wrong yourself.
6. All mirrors are magical mirrors; never can we see our faces.
7. To have loved and lost is better than never to have loved at all.
8. It is better to arrive late than never to arrive at all.(汽車駕駛者座右銘：十次車禍九次快)
9. Silence, along with modesty, is a great aid to conversation.
10. To half do anything is to make a failure of it.
11. Adversity is the trial of principle. Without it, a man hardly knows whether he is honest or not.
12. Knowledge and power are for the teachable.
13. Temper, ungoverned, governs the whole man.
14. Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.
15. A good example is worth more than good advice.
To be continued