16. Justifying a fault doubles it.
17. When one gets to love work, his life is a happy one.
18. The only cure for vanity is laughter. And the only fault that is laughable
19. You do not lead by hitting people over the head—that’s assault, not leadership.
20. Yesterday is experience. Tomorrow is hope. Today is getting from one to the other as best we can.
21. You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.
22. Statistics are no substitute for judgment.
23. In labors of love, every day is payday.
24. Democracy, like love, can survive any attack—save neglect and indifference. (save=except)
25. Men hate those to whom they have to lie.
26. When you open the window yourself, you get
a fresh; when someone
27. Even if marriages are made in heaven (姻緣天註定), man has to be responsible for the maintenance.
28. Be sure always that your head be not higher than your hat.
29. A good listener is not only popular everywhere, but after a while he knows something.
30. A life spent in evil makes you old.
31. Store your galleries of memory with good pictures.
To be continued