Politician thinks of the
next election; a statesman, of the next generation.
2. Love is an act of faith, and whoever is of little faith is also of little love.
3. To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind.
4. Kissing is a means of getting two people so close together that they can’t see anything wrong with each other.
5. He who cannot forgive others destroys the bridge over which he himself must pass.
6. Have a goal and bend every energy toward reaching it.
7. A dog is the only thing on this earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
8. Contentment will give you a light heart and an attractive face.
9. Friend: one who knows all about you and loves just the same.
10. Love looks through telescope; envy, through microscope.
11. I always prefer to believe the best of everybody—it saves so much troubles.
12. Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am grateful that thons have roses.
13. Middle age: The period in life when your children leave you one by one, only to return two by two.
14. Marriage is the miracle that transforms a kiss from a pleasure into a duty, and a life from a luxury into a necessary.
15. A learned man is an idler who kills time by study.
(To be continued)